Pages

Monday, October 30, 2017

3D Class Week 11 - Modeling a Medium Complexity Character

For the next 3 weeks we are taking a medium complexity character and doing the full pipeline to turning it into a game model.  I chose this lil guy drawn by Nick Zuccarello:


During my process, I looked at several references for how I wanted to sculpt him/add the details.  I ended up really liking the idea of him looking like a vinyl/plastic toy and decided to go down that route.

I ended up looking at a lot of Disney Infinity figures as reference:


I also looked at some vinyl figures, mostly from the series called Cute But Deadly:




And this was my final hi res sculpt in Zbrush:



I really wanted to focus on having those hard, flat edges along with hard creases.  I also loved him looking more flat/hard rather than soft and squishy since I wanted to go for that plastic toy look.


No comments:

Post a Comment