Pages

Sunday, October 1, 2017

3D Class Week 06 - UV and Digital Sculpting for a Prop

For this week we took our low poly proxy model of our cannon and made a higher poly version of it in Maya by added edge loops and beveling.  We also took our cannon and UV'd it.  Once we were finished with that, we brought our cannon into Zbrush to add details to it.

This was my first time using Zbrush and I had a lot of fun doing the detail work on it!  I was referencing props by Blizzard in World of Warcraft and in Heroes of the Storm.  I also looked at Michael Vicente's work on Heroes of the Storm as reference and inspiration.

The "final" smoothed model:


The same model with wireframes in Zbrush:


The UV's :


And the final sculpt with the details:





Trying to see how it'd look in that top down/isometric Heroes of the Storm style:


And here it is decimated with and without the wireframe:



I'm overall super proud with how this came out!  It was my first time using Zbrush and I at first hated it but now I really like it!  I had a lot of fun doing all that gritty detail work. 

Also special shout out to my classmate Marchand Venter for helping me with the UV's.  I had a really tough time wrapping my head around them and he helped out a lot so thanks man!



No comments:

Post a Comment