Pages

Sunday, September 3, 2017

3D Week 2 - Minecraft-ish Level

For this weeks assignment, we built upon the previous weeks work and textured a cube in a minecraft-ish style.  We then took those textured cubes and made an environment out of them.

Some examples of some of my favorite textures that I made (I made 20 in total)









And this was the final environment that I made.  I love forest/grassy environments and experimented with lighting.  I loved this dusk/foggy lighting I ended up getting.







I added a couple of little secrets into the environment (the bones and the hidden chest behind the tree).
I also added one extra secret environment within it.






\
I experimented with the post-processing volume lighting effects so that when the player falls down into this area, the lighting goes from that bright red (see the bottom image) to that blueish/red lighting.





No comments:

Post a Comment