Pages

Friday, September 22, 2017

3D Class Week 05 - Modeling a Prop

For this weeks assignment we had to take some concept art that Nick Zuccarello made and make a small proxy model in Maya.  We could do his concept art and model it, modify it, or do something else.  I decided to do both the concept art and a different design.

This was the concept art:


And this was my model:




And this is it in engine with scale: 




After I finished making that model, I decided to move on and model a different cannon.  The cannon that I modeled is from World of Warcraft and its called the Anti-Critter Cannon

My references: 


I was only able to find those two screenshots of the cannon in game so I only had those two angles to work with which was a bit of a challenge but one that I think I worked through.

The final model:









And the final model with wireframes:








Overall I'm VERY proud of how this came out.  I'm still getting used to 3D modeling but I learned so much during this assignment.  I'm really excited to texture it and add some details in Zbrush!  I want to (hopefully) recreate that handpainted/WoW look in Substance and am excited to get to that part.


No comments:

Post a Comment