Pages

Monday, September 25, 2017

2D Class Week 04 - Composition

For this weeks assignment we looked at different layouts for composition in a frame.


I was at first going to do a spooky forest scene that was influenced by the circular composition example

My super messy sketch: 

As I started to render it I realized I wasn't feeling the theme/illustration anymore.  I then scrapped it and decided to do a(nother) forest scene but this time more winter themed.  I used the handy dandy rule of thirds to create my illustration.


I was partly influenced by the backgrounds of Samurai Jack, mostly the texture and slight details in the branches.  I went through different color palettes but ultimately decided on the yellow/blue color palette since it reminded me of a snowy morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment